Patient and Visitor Information
Call Us: 575-437-0890
• Southern New Mexico Surgery Center will receive surgery scheduling orders and patient demographics
directly from your surgeon's office.
• Following receipt of the scheduling orders and demographics you will receive a call from the business office to coordinate and review your insurance, demographics, and answer all your questions in relation to the business component. If payments are required, a link is provided on the website on the left side in a green box labeled "Patient Payments".
You will then be contacted by a nursing staff prior to your scheduled procedure to review your health information, give detailed instructions on what to expect, arrival time, and the protocol to follow. They will answer all questions and relay all pertinent information regarding your procedure.
Surgeon and Anesthesia Provider
You will have an opportunity to talk to your surgeon and anesthesia provider prior to your surgery to answer any additional questions.
Discharge Assessment Post Surgery
You will be discharged following the procedure when you have met all the discharge criteria and have been assessed by the provider and or anesthesia member for readiness for discharge. A surgery center staff member will accompany you to your vehicle.
Things to Remember
• Before you leave home, bring directions to the surgery center and the phone number 575-437-0890 in case you need assistance locating the facility.
• Remember due to HIPPA regulations we are unable to release information to any unauthorized individuals who may call or come to the facility inquiring about your care without your consent.
• Bring a current list of medications that you take regularly, if not already provided.
• You will have an opportunity to ask additional questions of the anesthesia provider and your surgeon, prior to your procedure on the date of service.
• HAVE A RESPONSIBLE ADULT ACCOMPANY YOU TO THE CENTER AND DRIVE YOU HOME FOLLOWING YOUR SURGERY. YOUR SURGERY CANNOT PROCEED WITHOUT YOUR COMPANION. YOU WILL BE SEDATED FOLLOWING THE PROCEDURE AND UNABLE TO DRIVE.
• If you notice a change in your health (i.e., cough, cold, fever, etc.), it is IMPORTANT to notify your physician and Southern New Mexico Surgery Center before your scheduled surgery date. 575.437.0890.
Documents Required Day of Surgery
• Identification with picture
• Complete medication list if not already provided
• Insurance card
• Co-payment if required
• Advanced Directive if applicable; An advance directive is a legal document that allows you to give specific instructions about your medical treatment if you become unable to communicate. The document can be tailored to meet your individual preferences and values and can include information about the types of treatment you want or do not want in certain situations.
Our staff at the Southern New Mexico Surgery Center recognizes that your time is important. Prolonged waiting before a procedure is both unnerving and inconvenient to you and the people who have accompanied you to our center. We utilize our computer data and requests of your surgeons/physicians to construct a schedule that attempts to be as efficient as possible. However there are many factors outside of our control that can alter the progression of starting times, resulting in delay or change (even forward) in the time of your procedure.
Example of these factors is:
1. Prolongation of a surgery before your procedure, whether at our center or another facility where your surgeon might be working.
2. Prolongation of office duties, delaying your surgeon's arrival.
3. Emergency procedures that your attending surgeon must address.
4. Late arrivals of patients who were scheduled before you.
5. Unanticipated events.
Whenever there is a change in your anticipated procedure starting time, our staff will keep you informed and provide updates. Please be sure to ask our staff if you have any questions regarding your surgical time.
You will receive a patient satisfaction survey following your procedure at SNMSC. SNMSC is committed to continually improving the services we provide to our patients. We would appreciate it if you could take the time to complete the survey and return it in the self-addressed, postage-paid envelope. You may submit the survey results via email if you have provided a personal email address to the organization.
Medical Passports are secure, online patient-controlled accounts that provide medical history information.
Southern New Mexico Surgery Center offers an easy way for patients to pay your bill.
CareCredit is a healthcare credit card designed for your health and wellness needs for you, your entire family and your pets.
Southern New Mexico Surgery Center is a 2020 National APEX Quality Award Winner.